Magenta Living reimagines its recruitment strategy through Eploy
Magenta Living is a thriving, regional housing association – the largest in Wirral with a strong community influence and locally rooted as one of the biggest employers. It owns and manages just under 13,000 homes and employs around 600 colleagues. Magenta Living is credited with Investors in People Gold standard and recently retained its Customer Service Excellence certificate.
Magenta Living is currently focusing on three key areas of transforming its culture, improving customer experience and building communities. Through a programme of transformation, Magenta aims to drive a culture and workplace that colleagues feel connected and proud to work in, through a modern, agile and effective way. This includes improving the way they work and attracting and retaining talent.
Eploy’s Applicant Tracking System and Recruitment CRM was implemented to support the plan, putting candidate experience at the heart of talent acquisition and recruitment - from raising a request to recruit to onboarding.
Until recently, the team handled recruitment using an off-the-shelf ATS with limited functionality. The vision was to implement a complete Applicant Tracking System & Talent Acquisition Platform to transform how they operate and attract, engage, recruit and onboard the perfect teams.
Magenta Living chose Eploy as it was able to deliver on several key attributes:
- Provide a highly configurable recruitment platform with role-based permissions that could adapt to business requirements.
- Deliver a branded candidate portal with a consistent look and feel and responsive layout to allow applicants to apply for vacancies, on any device without adversely affecting the user’s experience and functionality.
- Provide a hiring manager portal with an online approval process, shortlisting applicants to invite to interview or reject their application, and personalising email messages to candidates where required.
- Name blind recruitment functionality to choose which identifying candidate information to display to hiring managers and rule out any discrimination based on name, ethnicity or gender.
- Functionality to score candidates based on their responses to screening/filtering questions, and place in a ranking order.
- Fully automate onboarding to enable the issue of offer letters and new starter packs electronically, via the recruitment platform, with the use of e-signatures. Provide trackable documentation through the onboarding process.
- Offer extensive reporting capability to easily report on progress through the online candidate experience.
Terri-Ann Waldock, HR Business Partner at Magenta Living commented, “Eploy is easy to configure and adapt to our requirements. It has the functionality we were looking for, with a complete end-to-end online recruitment experience. The hiring manager portal provides an improved hiring manager experience, and the candidate portal has enhanced the candidate experience, creating engagement through the process. We are in the early stages of embedding the new way of working into the business and can see how this is beginning to transform how we operate.”
You can find out more about Magenta Living and why it is a really exciting time to be joining them - https://www.magentaliving.org.uk/jobs