Active Education Group provides Ofsted-registered activity day camps for children aged 4-14 during the school holidays, where the children's welfare and fun are at the heart of all they do!
There are four stems to the business - Ultimate Activity Camps, Ultimate Survival, Ultimate Sports Academy and Ultimate International that have seasonal recruitment requirements for Easter Break, Summer Holidays and Autumn half term. During the peak season, there may be up to 500 casual staff working across the business to run inspiring activity, sports and language programmes.
The recruitment team had been using an Applicant Tracking System, but it fell short in supporting Active Education with best-in-class functionality that would attract the best candidates to join them to deliver the fantastic range of activities at the 40+ amazing locations in which they operate.
Active Education Group is dedicated to identifying the highest calibre of staff and ensuring they are suitably prepared and cleared for the responsibility of their roles. They called upon Eploy to implement a comprehensive in-house recruitment platform within a rapid timescale to continue their recruitment campaigns and be ready for the safe selection and induction of hundreds of staff each year.
A flexible approach
Active Education Group required:
- A Core ATS & E-recruitment System that was future proof could be tailored incrementally for other business areas with differing recruitment processes.
- A dedicated candidate portal for candidates to have a complete brand experience with effortless registration, application and self-service management.
- Online candidate onboarding – multi-stage for conditional offer and completion of forms, including electronic signing once checks have been completed.
- Data migration from the incumbent platform to Eploy. The existing data needed to be preserved by Law to comply with safeguarding legislation. Also, Active Education wanted to retain a talent pool of previous employees to nurture and recruit proactively when announcing seasonal hiring opportunities.
- A dedicated careers site linked from the corporate site where candidates can search vacancies by location, sign up for job alerts, create an account and profile or access their account.
Commenting on the implementation is Emily Crossley, HR & Recruitment Manager at Active Education Group, "Eploy’s flexible approach to customisation has enabled the design of an Applicant Tracking System & Talent CRM around Active Education Groups requirements that we can adapt as required. Everything from creating and publishing a vacancy to onboarding is designed for a better user and candidate experience. The candidate portal is a huge step forward for us too, and builds our employer brand. We now have flexibility in using video within job ads and where and how we publish vacancies, such as through the Eploy & Indeed integration. We have felt very supported by Eploy to achieve a great deal in such a short time-space.”
Find out more about Active Education Group
and the vacancies they have on offer