If you are looking to integrate recruitment technology systems, there are factors to consider that will help the success of any automation. In this blog, we’ll take a look at the types of systems and data you may want to connect and the likely benefit and impact on your hiring goals.
When starting, give thought to what your ideal scenario is and encourage others to consider the same. Ask what the perfect recruitment process would look if your systems could talk to each other. There are several important factors to consider when picturing this:
- What are the budget constraints?
- How much change will this make on working practices?
- What is the likely impact on the team?
- Do we have the necessary infrastructure and resources to support it?
Considering these points will help you decide what's realistic for you as well as what you want to get out of your automation.
The main drivers behind system integration projects are 1. Improving user experience, 2. Finding new ways to connect with top talent, 3. Improve efficiency by having leaner processes, 4. Enhancing quality and compliance.
In an increasingly competitive marketplace, successful integration of systems will accelerate your chances of attracting top talent quicker, helping you to build stronger talent pools faster.
What should we connect?
There is a wide range of systems in use in the modern recruitment function. By connecting these systems, we can enable a more seamless experience for those involved within the candidate journey, recruiters & talent acquisition professionals, HR, hiring managers and, of course, candidates. Systems include Single Sign-On (SSO), HR & Payroll, video interviewing, background checking and testing providers to name a few.
Integrating your systems is conducive to efficiency across all areas of your business. Not only does it make data more accessible, but can also provide a greater degree of flexibility. For example:
· Background checks are often part of the onboarding process but could be triggered earlier in the process if appropriate. You can gather the data upfront and then implement integration at the proper time to accelerate the process and reduce data collection duplication.
· Video interviewing is not favoured by all employers and to some is one of those love/hate topics, but it is possible to use it to enhance the candidate experience due to its interactive nature. It allows the face-to-face element without the difficulty of logistics.
· Single sign-on can improve user experience and avoid login issues by removing the need to remember multiple usernames and passwords to access the different systems in your tech stack.
· The availability of modern APIs that allow systems to interact with each other can speed up implementation times and reduce ongoing maintenance costs.
At the core of your technology systems is user experience. Having efficient, effective technology will significantly improve the candidate experience overall and the journey of all those involved. Integrating recruitment technology will help you to identify top talent with precision, accuracy and at a much faster rate than if it were done manually. These leaner processes will reduce the number of errors made as well as save money.
What does success look like for you?
Know what success looks like for candidates, recruiters, HR, IT & security. For your candidates, the goal is to provide a seamless process from the time that they engage with your business, right the way through to their interview process and then to onboarding.
For recruiters, it is providing the best tools to find and assess top talent quicker, improving time to hire and cost to hire.
HR and payroll teams also reap unparalleled benefits through reducing and even eliminating the manual elements. Integration, in this sense, can overcome the issue of double entries in data as well as generally improving the quality of data collected with validations built-in.
For IT, single sign-on can improve security and compliance. And well planned and executed integration projects can massively reduce support costs and improve efficiency, removing the need to re-key new hire data from a recruitment system to a payroll system for example.
Connecting your recruitment software with external and internal systems to make your life easier can also extend your recruitment capability, giving you a powerful commercial advantage. Why not take a look at the video that covers this topic in greater detail, as presented at the In house recruitment breakfast event.
Here is a quick overview of the Eploy marketplace of all of the partners, integrations, connectors and add ons. You’ll also find examples of customers who have accelerated their recruitment technology efficiency.